March/April Penney's Haul

Hey there,

Over the past 2 months, I have made multiple trips to the best clothing shop ever, otherwise known as Penney's/Primark. It is my go-to shop for clothes normally, and I'd say roughly 90% of my wardrobe is from Penney's. So for this weeks post, I decided I would do a haul of the things I have picked up recently.


(Just a side note: I am from the north of Ireland but I go to uni in the south so the items in this haul are from both Primark (UK) and Penney's (ROI) and therefore are a mixture of Sterling and Euro prices:) )

So let's go :) 




Chokers 3 Pack - £2

The first item I picked up was this 3 Pack of Chokers. What I liked about this pack was that you got 3 very different styles, that will go with many different outfits, all for £2!!! The first choker is a band with a pretty flower design. I feel that it could be used in an outfit with very plain colours, the pattern and pastel shades will be very useful for adding a dash of colour. The second choker is a white lace pattern and it is very delicate but formal. I like this choker for days where your outfit is a bit more dressy, it adds the final touch. The last choker has a little heart on a beige string. This choker is very cute and small. I feel like it will go very well for everyday outfits, especially with tops with a lower neckline.



Choker - £1.50

For someone who never owned a choker before, I went a bit mad and ended up buying 4 in one day... oops. I had already picked up the first packet of chokers above when I saw this one. For ages I was trying to decide which one I wanted to get more, but it was my boyfriend that eventually made the decision and told me to get both (he knew I would have just went back and got them another day). I don't regret my decision to take this choker. It is a very pretty black wire design, with small pearls attached within some loops of the wire. This choker would be very suitable to night-out outfits as it suits quite dressy outfits or outfits with quite plain design.



Backpack - £9

Normally I don't like small backpacks as I think they are a bit of a waste because they don't hold very much, but when I saw this little backpack I was in love. I am going on holiday later in the year and I know from previous holidays how important it is to have a secure bag that you can pop on your back and keep the essentials in. This bag is the perfect size for holiday as you will be able to comfortably fit a camera, bottle of water, sunglasses etc in it without a bother. And I love the khaki green colour, I think it will look very good with many different outfits.




Dungaree Shorts - €15

I have been looking for a pair of dungaree shorts for quite a while now as I think for summer, when the weather (hopefully) gets a bit warmer, they will be perfect for days out. These dungaree shorts have a stripe design on them and they are very good fitting item. I feel like with a bright crop top underneath and a pair of vans, these dungarees can dress up the simplest of outfits.


                           

Black Low-Heel Sandals - £14

I love these sandals as they are perfect for anywhere, whether it be a day out to the beach, or a day in the shops, or a night out. They are a simple open toe design with a strap around the back of the shoe. There is a pretty gold buckle on the strap, which adds to the suede look of the sandals. My favourite detail about these sandals however, is the gold band around the bottom of the heel. I feel that for such a small detail, it really adds to the overall appearance of the shoe.



Crop Top - €3.50

I love tops that have flower patterns on them as I think they are very easy to pair with other items. This top will be perfect for holiday as it is very light and as it is cropped, I plan to wear it with a pair of high waisted denim shorts. For only €3.50, this was a bargain!


Lace Top - £8

This top is a very unusual purchase for me. I normally stick to very plain designs without many frills or extra bits. However, I decided to try something new and so I bought this top. It is a lace design with flared sleeves. I think it will be very useful for everyday wear as it is dressy but will also look good with jeans.



Plain White Strap Top- €2.50

I bought this top as I think Penney's range of basics are very good for their price. I needed this top for the Lace Top above as it is completely see through so you need something under it. However, I also think this top will be useful either under other clothes or on its own with a pair of jeans or shorts.


Harry Potter T-Shirt - £2

As will probably become clear in future blog posts, I am a MASSIVE Harry Potter fan. I already own multiple tops from the Penney's Harry Potter range, and when I saw this one for only £2 (it was reduced from £4!!) I figured my collection could fit another one. I love these tops simply because they're so comfortable and easy to wear. They go with any casual outfit and are very inexpensive.



Grey Hoodie - £2

Who doesn't love hoodies? I don't think its possible to have too many, so that's why when I saw this grey sparkly hoodie that had been reduced from £9 to £2, I knew I had to take it. I have worn this hoodie now and despite it looking very itchy and scratchy, thankfully it isn't. It is a cropped hoodie, so it can be slightly annoying if you have leggings on but overall it is very comfortable and perfect for those days you just need comfort.


Super Mario T-Shirt - €6

The one thing that has annoyed me about Penney's lately is that nearly all of the women's t-shirts have either got sayings or pictures on them that are quite unusual and can seem out of context. So that's why, when I went upstairs to look at the shoes, I passed the men's section and this t-shirt caught my eye. As a child and even now whenever I get the chance, I love to play Super Mario Bros or Mario Kart. I thought this top was very nice as it is a plain design with a colourful outburst, perfect for summer. As it is from the men's section though, it is extremely big. There were no extra smalls left, so I took a small and in order for it to fit in shot for the picture I needed to roll it up. The t-shirt is very long and quite wide fitting but I have been loving it with high waisted mom jeans and vans.


Jeans - €6 Each

For a long time, I did not like Penney's jeans as I had heard bad reports on the quality of them and the length that they last. However, about a year ago, I decided to take the plunge and buy a pair. I was amazed at how good they were and since then I have bought all of my jeans from Penney's. This time I picked up 2 pairs, black and dark denim skinny jeans. I also like the jeans from Penney's as, being 5 ft 2, it is very hard to find a pair of jeans that don't need to be rolled up (you'll know what I mean if you're small also). Penney's are one of the only places I have found recently that actually have 28'' and 30'' leg lengths which is amazing! However, I do have a couple of warnings about Penney's jeans. First of all, I get a size 6 in these jeans, which is a size or two smaller than I would normally get. For the first one or two wears, you may find yourself having to jump to get into them (as I did) but I find after a few wears, they start to go slightly baggy, especially around the knees. This is why I find getting a slightly smaller pair is better, as it is not as noticeable that way. However, I have also found that they do shrink in the wash, so even if they start to feel slightly loose, just stick them in the wash and they will be fine once they come out! Also I have found that you can normally get between 6 and 10 months of good wear in these jeans before they start to go irreversibly baggy. This may not seem like long in comparison to jeans from elsewhere, but given that these jeans are €6, you can get 6 or 7 pairs for the same price as one pair in the likes of Topshop or River Island!!


Black and White Print Skirt - £4

The final item I purchased is this black and while print skirt. When I saw this skirt, it immediately made me think of an outfit for a night out or for holiday. I think it will go very well with a black bralette and either some plain flat shoes, or black heels. As this skirt has a lot going on within the pattern, it would go perfectly with plain block colours., and for £4, you can't go wrong!

As you can see, most of the items were under £10/€10 each, so overall, they are very inexpensive, especially if you are looking for something nice on a budget. I think I am going to do a lookbook soon including some of the items from this haul, so that will probably happen within the next month.

Thank you for reading, I hope you liked the items included in this haul :)

Sinéad x
Follow my blog with Bloglovin









1 comment:

  1. Love how much you can get in Primark/Penney's. Such bargains!

    www.seeweardo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.