Dublin Day Out

June 11, 2017
Hey there,

So recently my best friend Seána (cool-hip-with-it.blogspot.co.uk) and I went for a little day out around Dublin. I thought for this weeks post I would include all the places worth visiting in Dublin :)


So let's go :)

First of all we went to a little cafe called Lemon and got what I can only describe as the nicest breakfast I've ever had, a Nutella waffle.


Lemon is located on Dawson Street, which is just beside Trinity College. I would highly recommend it, the breakfasts are lovely and you definitely get value for what you pay for.

After we were finished, we walked up Dawson Street and into St Stephen's Green.


I had never been to St Stephen's Green before but I can see why people talk about it so much, its such a nice and calming area with the water, fountains, flowers, memorials and everything else in it.












One of my favourite things about Dublin are the streets. Every street has a different character and atmosphere and so many of them are decorated so uniquely.




Next, we went to Dublin Castle. For somewhere in the middle of a city, the castle really does not feel like it. 



Also near the castle there is a memorial garden and it is a very nice and peaceful place with lots of lovely flowers and a little water fountain.




After this we wandered through the Temple Bar area, eventually reaching the river Liffey. The Liffey Bridge, or Ha'penny Bridge spans across the river Liffey and is the oldest pedestrian bridge across the river. It was originally built in 1816 and it still holds many of its original features today. At the other side of the bridge is a bookshop called the Winding Stair. I discovered this bookshop a while ago when I was on another adventure in Dublin and I'm pretty sure I've went back every time since. Although it is not very big, the Winding Stair has the atmosphere of a proper book or coffee shop, where you can relax and forget you're in Ireland's capital city.





One of the best parts about Dublin are the shops. I absolutely love the range of shops that Dublin has to offer, all of the high street shops are here as well as some of the higher end shops. My personal favourite shopping area of Dublin is Henry Street/Mary Street and the Penney's on O'Connell Street.



Finally, the last place on my list is a place that I didn't actually visit on this day but I have visited many times before and I love it too much to not include. No trip to Dublin is complete without a visit to Phoenix Park and/or Dublin Zoo. I love Phoenix Park as it is one of the most relaxing and scenic places in Dublin and the zoo is definitely the perfect day out if you're looking for something a bit different.




So that's it for this week's post, I hope you find it helpful if you are planning on visiting Dublin anytime soon :)
I want to give a massive shoutout and thank you to my partner in crime and model for this post, my best friend Seána. She also has an amazing blog so please check it out: cool-hip-with-it.blogspot.co.uk :)

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post :)


Sinéad x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.