My Makeup Collection/Review

Hey there,

I thought for this weeks post I would show you my makeup collection and do a review on the products too. Now I don't have the biggest of makeup collections, so all of the products in this post are ones that I use regularly.

So let's go :)



First I have my foundations.

Left to Right:
L'Oréal Infallible - 015 Porcelain / Bourjois 123 Perfect - No51 Light Vanilla / Rimmel Match Perfection - 101 Classic Ivory / 
Rimmel Match Perfection - 200 Soft Beige 

I recently got the L'Oréal Infallible foundation after my best friend recommended it to me. So far I love it, its a great match for my skin and I find it to be very long lasting.
Rating: 9/10

I got the Bourjois foundation not too long ago as well but unlike the L'Oréal one, I do not like it as much. I got the lightest shade as I have very pale skin but when applied, this foundation looks more like one I could use for a night out than an everyday foundation.
Rating: 4/10

I have used Rimmel Match Perfection foundations for years now and I would still recommend them. The shade 101 is slightly too dark for me to use for everyday so I think I need to go for the shade lighter. However, for me, Match Perfection is always a reliable foundation and so I will probably continue to buy it.
Rating: 8/10

I use the shade 200 of Match Perfection as my foundation if I am going out. I love it for this as if you have some tan on it blends perfectly and creates a smooth and even finish.
Rating: 9/10

Next, are my concealers:

Left to right:
MUA Hide & Conceal - Fair / Collection Lasting Perfection - Fair 1 / MUA Cover & Conceal - Fair / MUA Cover & Conceal - Almond

As you will probably notice, I like to try out the cheaper ranges of beauty products also. I like to give them a chance because if they're good, then it means saving money while still receiving a good product!

The first of my concealers is the MUA Hide & Conceal stick. This concealer is not my favourite but I do still like it. It can disappear sometimes when you blend it but overall for the price it is quite good.
Rating: 6/10

I recently jumped on the bandwagon and got the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair. I have to say that I agree with all the reviews in saying that it is very good! My only problem with it is that my everyday foundation (L'Oréal Infallible) is paler than this concealer and so it can sometimes appear slightly orange or darker than it, but overall I would highly recommend.
Rating: 8/10

I bought the MUA Cover & Conceal liquid concealer as I wanted to try the liquid version of the concealer stick mentioned above. I actually really like this concealer, if you're like me and you need a very pale concealer, it easily blends with foundation and does not appear darker.
Rating: 8/10

Back when I didn't really understand the concept of concealer, I bought the MUA Cover & Conceal concealer in the shade Almond. As I will be mentioning several times in this post, I need the fairest of all make up shades. Almond is definitely not the shade for me. Its not all bad though, if I have tan on or I am going out, this concealer blends perfection with the Match Perfection foundation.
Rating: 7/10

My Powders:

Left to Right:
Rimmel Stay Matte - 001 Transparent / Rimmel Stay Matte - 006 Warm Beige

I love both of these powders and for anyone looking for a powder I will always recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte collection. The shade Transparent is perfect for everyday makeup and Warm Beige is brilliant for adding that extra colour when you need it.
Rating: 9/10

My Blusher and Contour:

Left to right:
MUA Blusher - Cupcake / MUA Luxe - Bronze and Sculpt Light/Medium

One of the areas I have never been able to grasp is Blusher. I own the MUA Blusher in the shade Cupcake, however it is the only one I own. Every time I try to apply it I end up looking like I am struggling to breathe and out of breath rather than achieving the "healthy glow" that I have seen others do. However, the colour and pigment is very good on the blusher so I imagine, if applied right, it would look very good!
Rating; 7/10

The MUA Bronze and Sculpt Kit is very handy and compact. I love the highlighter in it as it is super pigmented and when the light hits you you can really see it!
Rating: 8/10

My Eyeshadows:

Top: W7 - In the Buff
Bottom: W7 - In the Nude

I got both of these palettes a while ago and I am very impressed. They are a cheaper version of many well known brands and if you are looking for a starter palette, I would highly recommend. They both contain a variety of colours to suit all looks and shadings.
Rating: 6/10

More eyeshadows:

Left to Right:
Eyeshadow5 / Eyeshadow7 / Eyeshadow8

I received these eyeshadows as a present and I'm honestly not sure what brand they are as they just say the number rather than the brand. Anyhow, I do very much like these eyeshadows. I love using the white one as a base for other eyeshadows as it adds a nice shimmer to your eyelids. The brown and pink shades are very useful as they are also good for either base or blending as they can be matched with many other colours.
Rating; 6/10

For my brows:

Revolution Ultra Brow Kit / Medium/Dark

If you read my Casual Makeup Look post, you would know that I am in love with this product. At a very affordable price, this brow kit has it all. The powders are super pigmented and the waxes are great for setting your brows. I also have been loving the enhancing cream recently, for me it really helps to shape my brows so that not a hair sits out of place.
Rating: 10/10

Even more eyeshadows:

Top: Urban Decay - Alice Through the Looking Glass
Bottom: Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance

I received both of these palettes as birthday presents this year and last year. They are both higher end products so not as affordable as the likes of the W7 palettes shown earlier, but if you're willing to spend a bit more I would recommend checking these out.

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance

My birthday was last weekend and unfortunately since it, I have not had a chance to actually try this palette yet. My best friend has this palette and I know she absolutely loves it so I'm hoping that it will live up to its good reputation!

 Urban Decay - Alice Through the Looking Glass

I love this palette, the eyeshadows are very pigmented meaning that you don't need as much product on your brush. I also love the wide variety of colours you get in this palette, it is really useful for every occasion.
Rating: 9/10

My eyeliners:


Left to Right:
Primark- P.S Liquid Eyeliner / NYX - 01 Black/Noir

I picked up the Primark Eyeliner just one day when I was out shopping. I am very impressed with it, it definitely lasts for a full day and it is very dark so you can clearly see it.
Rating: 8/10

I also got the NYX eyeliner around the same time as the Primark one and I love this eyeliner very much as it is very smooth on the skin and it is easy to draw on. This eyeliner is also great as it lasts a long time.
Rating: 9/10

My Liquid Lipsticks and Lipstick Crayons:

Left to Right:
Primark- P.S Matte Lipstick Crayon - Midnight / Primark- P.S Matte Lipstick Crayon - Hustle / Primark- P.S Matte Lipstick Crayon - Cocoa / 
Kiko Liquid Lipstick- 110 / MUA Luxe - Velvet Lip Lacquer - Tranquility

Of the three Primark lipstick crayons I have, Hustle is by far my favourite. When I got this lipstick crayon I wore it every day that I wore makeup until it ran out. I then tried to replace it but I haven't been successful as of yet. My first attempt at replacing it was to get the shade Midnight, which, as you can see wasn't the best match. It had been a while since I had used it so I had kinda forgotten the shade (oops). My second attempt was a bit more successful, the shade Cocoa is quite similar to Hustle but is slightly darker. However, I love the shade Cocoa and I wear it quite often now.
Rating: 8/10

I got the Kiko lipstick while on a school trip to Paris a number of years ago. Just like the Hustle lip crayon, it too is running out and I am struggling to replace it. I am not the biggest fan of pink lipsticks, as you will see in a minute, I own quite a few but I don't really like them all that much. However this liquid lipstick is my favourite pink shade as it is not overpowering but rather very subtle.
Rating: 9/10

I bought the MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer quite recently and I am just obsessed with it. I love the shade Tranquility and although it can be drying on your lips if you do not moisturise beforehand, I would highly recommend.
Rating: 9.5/10

Left to Right:
Collection Deluxe - Charleston 03 / Kate Moss Lasting Finish - 37 / Collection Gothic Glam - 2 Scorned / Sally Hanson Lipstick,
 Rimmel Lasting Finish - 206 / NYC Expert Last - 411 / Makeup Gallery - Colour Moisture Lipstick - 11

The Collection Deluxe Lipstick is one of my favourites as it is a dusky pink colour that can add to any makeup look. It is not overpowering and it lasts for a long time.
Rating: 8/10

I received the Kate Moss lipstick as a present and I love it. I am not very daring with my makeup but for days that I feel particularly daring I will put this on. It is bright red and wearing it makes you feel like a boss, I would highly recommend it!
Rating: 9.5/10

The next Collection lipstick is one that me and my friend both bought in an attempt to be a bit more "out there". It is a deep purple lipstick and so far the only time I have really used it is Halloween. However, if you enjoy dark lipsticks, I would recommend it.
Rating: 6/10

My mum actually bought this Sally Hanson lipstick while we were on holiday one year some time ago but she never used it so she gave it to me. I love this lipstick for nights out but otherwise I rarely use it, however I would still recommend it.
Rating: 7/10

The Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick is one of my favourites for everyday use. I originally bought it for my formals but I use it quite regularly now just to add a finishing touch to a casual makeup look. It is a very pale nude pink colour.
Rating: 9/10

I do not like the next lipstick, the NYC Expert Last. While it is affordable, I find the colour to be very bright and just not right for me. However, my least favourite thing about the product is the packaging. The lid of this lipstick just does not stay on. My mum used to have the same one and I know she would agree with me in saying that you definitely need to be careful when putting this in your handbag. This lipstick has ruined the inside lining of a couple of my handbags.
Rating: 1/10

I don't remember when or where I got this lipstick but similarly to the Sally Hansen one, I find this lipstick good for nights out but otherwise I find it too bright.
Rating: 7/10

My Mascaras:

Left to Right:
Rimmel Volume Colourist - 003 Extreme Black / Seventeen Black Lash - Blackest Black / MUA Extreme Curl - Black / 
Rimmel Extra Super Lash - 102 Brown/Black / Company Mascara

I really like the Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara as I think, depending on what look you're going for, the mascara can be easily suited.
Rating: 8/10

I am not sure where I got the Seventeen mascara but I find it quite good. It isn't the most voluminous mascara but it does add definition to your eyelashes.
Rating: 5/10

I picked up this MUA Extreme Curl Mascara as I was looking for something different. The brush with this mascara is curled and I find it to be quite good as it fits the shape of the eye very well.
Rating: 5/10

I have used the Rimmel Extra Super Lash quite a few times and although it does not add much volume to your lashes, it, like the Seventeen one, is good for adding definition.
Rating: 5/10

I picked up this mascara in an issue of Company magazine and honestly, I was pleasantly surprised. The brush is quite thin and fine so it applies the mascara quite smoothly onto your eyelashes.
Rating: 5/10


I hope the reviews may help you if you're looking to try out a new product. Most of the products in my collection are drugstore products, all at a very affordable price.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed seeing my makeup collection :)

Sinéad x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.