Skydive for Cancer 2017




Hey there,

This year I got a chance to do a skydive for cancer. Cancer is an ever-growing issue among society today, whether its about speculation over what foods have been named as causes or the rise in statistics for many different areas of cancer. However, unfortunately, for many people, it is not just a talking topic, it is a reality. It is hard to find a family at this time that has not been affected by cancer in some way. I have seen within my own family the heartbreaking effects of cancer and the emotional and physical turmoil it brings for the victim and their family. And unfortunately, every year, the number of people affected keeps rising. That's why, this year, during Fresher's Week at the start of uni, when I was walking round the Fresher's Fair and saw the posters for the Skydive for Cancer I knew I wanted to do it.


To do a Skydive has always been on my bucket list and this seemed like the perfect opportunity, and it was all for a great cause. Since October, I, along with the help of my amazing family, have been fundraising. The money raised is going to the Irish Cancer Society to help them continue their incredible research and get ever-closer to finding a cure.



One of my friends and I originally booked our skydive for the 29th April but due to bad weather conditions it did not take place. We then rebooked it for last Friday, the 19th May and thankfully this time it went ahead.

All I can say is that it is one of the best experiences of my life so far without a doubt! I'm not sure how but I had managed to keep myself quite calm and it helped so much! Not being too nervous meant that I was able to enjoy myself a lot more and really take it all in.



10,000ft in the air with a 200km\h freefall later, I am so glad that I chose to do the skydive. It's all for such a great cause and I got to tick something else off my bucket list. I would do another one again in a heartbeat if I could!


I want to thank everyone at Skydive Ireland for making the day so incredible and to everyone who made this possible, I am so grateful!



Sinéad x 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.