Back to Uni | University Room Tour

September 22, 2017
Hey there,

For my final Back to Uni post, I thought I would do a room tour!

For me, moving away from home for the first time last year was quite different, even though I was in the same county. One thing that I found helped a lot when settling in was to have my room decorate with all my things and photos of friends and family, so this year when moving into a house, I decided to do the same.

So let's go :)

Bed

First of all, I am extremely lucky and grateful to have a double bed in my house this year. I used the same colourful duvet covers and pillow cases as last year. Matched with the blue walls, I think they look quite nice together. I am a big fan of cushions, they make my bed feel cosy, so of course I had to include some! The duvet and pillow set is from B&M Bargains and the cushions are from Primark and Home Bargains.

 



I love having plenty of fairy lights in my room, and especially on my bed, because at night time if I'm reading or just watching a show on my laptop, its nice to have a little bit of light. These rose shaped lights are from Primark.



Bedside Table 

I love the table beside my bed as it is quite big and holds a lot of things. I decorated it with my Light Box, a photo of my friends from our formal and a Sea Salt Mist candle from Primark.





Clothes/Makeup

My room this year is different in that I don't actually have a wardrobe but rather a clothing rail. It's different to what I'm used to but at the same time I do actually like it. It means I can easily see my clothes and I don't have as much space restriction as normal. Beside the rail, there is a little storage space, where I keep my shoes, scarves and things like that. I decided to use the top of the storage unit to keep my makeup, hairbrush and all types of beauty related things. I really like this as it fits my makeup drawers very well and I think it looks quite nice. I picked up my makeup drawers in Penney's and the pots I keep my brushes in are from B&M Bargains and Next Home.






Desk

I used my desk a lot when it comes to assignments, studying and anything to do with uni work really. I love having a desk that looks good as it makes me study better. Last year it was hard to decorate my desk as it was very shallow and barely fitted my laptop. This year, the desk in the room was deeper so I was able to put more decoration on it while still being able to sit comfortably. All the pieces on my desk are mentioned in either my Stationery Haul or Desk Homeware Haul.






My desk is along the window, so I also added some windowsill decoration. I have wanted a diffuser for a long time and I picked this one up in Primark for only £1! I also have a photo and a candle sitting on a little tray that was given to me as a present for moving last year. Most of these items can be found in Primark.



Drawers

The room came with these drawers which have great storage. On top of the drawers I placed my pin board, some perfumes and a memory box from my first year of uni. Alongside the drawers is a lovely long mirror (apologies for my pj's in the photo). You can see how I decorated my pin board on my other Pin Board Decoration post.




Fireplace

I was super excited when I found out that my room had a fireplace as my immediate thought was more fairy lights! I lined the top of the fireplace with some light bulb fairy lights from B&M Bargains. I also included 2 photos, my cactus from B&Q and a Raspberry and Vanilla candle from Primark.



Doorway

The first thing I have beside my door is a pop up storage bin. I use this to keep anything that needs to be washed in. You can get these in a lot of different places for quite cheap and they are very very handy! For the back of my door, I have a 8 pin hanger, which is very handy for hanging coats and scarves so you can get them just before you leave!





That's all for this post and this is the last post of my Back to Uni series! I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some ideas for decorating your own bedroom.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed the Back to Uni series :)

Sinéad x 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.