Back to Uni | Pin Board Decoration

Hey there,

My 4th Back to Uni post is a little DIY decorating. I mentioned in a previous post that I picked up a pin board because I loved having one last year, so this post is going to be about decorating it :)

So let's go :)

First of all I picked up this pin board in a local bits and bobs shop. This one is a 60mm x 90mm. If you try to find these on the internet, they can be quite dear so I would recommend searching around in shops that do a bit of everything as they will probably be a lot cheaper there!


Pin Board - £5.99

The first bit of decoration I am going to add are some fairy lights. These fairy lights were given to me as a present for moving to uni last year but I know you can find similar ones in many shops.



To fasten these lights to the pin board, I used some pins (obviously). I picked these up in a little bits and bobs shop last year and they come in so handy! I love how they are multicoloured, especially because they are the same colour as the lights!


Pins - £1

Firstly however, I put the lights up to the board and measured how far across I wanted them and what position they should be in. I then used some sellotape to fix the wire in place while I pinned the lights. After pinning the lights, I took the sellotape off the wire, and using some more pins, let the wire hang down the back of the board in a fixed position, so as to leave the lights easy to switch on!



This year, the timetable my uni put up for us was actually wrong and so far they haven't corrected it so I made my own. I always find it handy to have a coloured timetable so that you can glance at it and know what subject you should be in. I used 4 pins to fix my timetable onto the board.



I decided that as the lights span across the top of the board, they were very useful for hanging things on! If you saw my Stationery Haul, you would have seen that I picked up a little post-it note set. The bigger ones are the perfect size to fit in between the lights. I also picked up these little mini wooden pegs on Amazon a while back and they are super useful for small wires. Using the two, I made a little reminder system that can be used so that you don't forget things that need to be done.

                                       
                                         The Works - £1                                                Amazon (100 pack) - £3


The last thing that I put on my pin board are photos of course! I love having photos printed and when I do I usually put them everywhere! I used Snapfish to print these photos and the multicoloured pins to secure them.



(Sorry about some photos being blurred out)

Overall, I was very happy with how the pin board turned out. Thank you for reading and I hope I was able to give you some ideas :)

Sinéad x 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.