Back to Uni | Stationery Haul

Hey there,

As I am starting my second year of uni this week, I'm going to do a little Back to Uni series, with a new uni-related post each day :)

Today's post is my Stationery Haul!! I'm not really sure if it's normal to get as excited for stationery shopping as I do, but there's just something about having a desk that looks good that is really satisfying! Over summer, I have been picking up bits and pieces of stationery and desk homeware for my new uni room. For this post, I am going to stick to the stationery. I am going to do a desk homeware haul later in the week :)

So let's go :)

(Sorry that you can see me taking the cover photo, the protective film on the board is reflective :/)


First things first, let's start with the actual stationery, the pens and pencils! As you will see in this haul, I bought a lot of things in pairs because one thing I hate is buying pens and half way through the year they run out and you can't replace them!

These pens are, in my opinion, the best pens to write with! For note taking and everyday use, I like finer tipped pens and these are great! I went a little mad in Easons and bought quite a few of these but I'm sure that they won't be wasted throughout the year.


Eason - £0.40 Each

For some notes, and areas that need extra highlighted, I like to have a thicker pen that can make notes stand out and appear almost bold. These Bic Grip Roller pens are brilliant for note taking and they are inky pens, which I think always look better than normal!


Poundland - £1 Each

I like to have quite multi-coloured notes, as it helps me to take notes in and if my notes are colourful I tend to look at them more! Normally I use the Bic four colour pens with the purple, blue, green and pink, but I always thought they looked a bit too thick compared to the finer black pen I usually write with. I had never seen these pens before but when I did I thought they looked great as I will still be able to have colourful notes but they will be written in a finer pen.


Iceland - £1 Each

Next I bought some new pencils, as for my course, there can be diagrams involved and having a good pencil can make it a lot easier to draw. I picked up these Staedtler pencils and what I really like is that this packet has one of each kind you could want; 2B, B, HB, H, 2H.


Easons - £1.99

This next item I actually bought last year but I haven't used half of the packet and I'm pretty sure they are still available now. This eraser pack contains 8 rubbers and for something so cheap, I was very impressed with the quality.


B&M Bargains - £0.89

Highlighters can make notes appear instantly brighter and they can help you to categorise different notes into areas or related topics. I always like to set a different colour per topic, so that's why I always go back to this same set of highlighters because they contain 6 colours and they last for a very long time!

    

B&M Bargains - £1.29

To hold all this stationery in, I picked up this marble effect pencil case in Primark for £3 which I think is a great bargain! As you will see from a few of my blog posts, I have a little obsession with marble effect items at the minute so when I saw this, I couldn't pass it!


Primark - £3

For exams, I find that having sticky notes on different sections of my notes can greatly help when I'm trying to find something quickly. I picked up this set of sticky notes last year but as you can see, most of them are still there, even though I used loads this year!

   

The Works - £3

I find revision cards very useful for exam time, especially when it comes to formulas. I normally went for plain ones in previous years but this year I decided to go for coloured ones. These cards were £1 and I found out after I had already bought them that The Works actually do student discount so if you're in at any time, don't forget to ask like I did!


The Works - £1

I hmm'ed and haa'ed for a while about these next items. Each semester on my course I have 6 modules, some of which carry over from one semester to the other. Last year I found it difficult to carry a different book for every subject, so this year I thought about getting a book with sections so that I could eliminate having to carry so much. I saw these books on the Paperchase website but I didn't think I would get them because they were quite a lot dearer than normal books. However, after looking on the internet and in quite a few shops, I couldn't find any other store to sell 10 section notebooks which was what I needed. So while shopping in Dublin last week, I called into Paperchase to see if they had any and I saw that there was a 30% off sale on. These books should have been €11 each but thanks to the sale I got them for €7.50, which isn't as bad considering they will greatly help me not have to carry as much!

   

Paperchase - €7.50 Each

As I mentioned earlier, I have a bit of an obsession with marble at the minute, so when I saw this little folder, I couldn't pass it! 

   

Penney's - €1.30

Every year I try to keep myself organised with an academic diary. I find the A5 week-to-view ones the best as it is easier to keep track of everything. I also prefer ring binder diaries as they don't fall apart as easy. This year, I found my local shops to have a pretty bad selection but while shopping last minute, I found this little one tucked away and I decided to pick it up because it was the nicest one I had seen yet. 

   

Poundland - £1

Lastly, I had been looking for a weekly desk planner for a while as I think alongside an academic diary, there is very little room to forget anything important. I picked up this little one as it goes perfectly with my colour scheme and it was very cheap!


Primark - £2

So that's it for my stationery haul, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it :) Let me know any good stationery you picked up this summer!

Sinéad x
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Awesome haul, love all the colour bits and bobs, haha!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.